- This event has passed.
Member Dark Sky “Observe”
June 1, 2019 @ 2:30 pm - 11:30 pm MDT
Group Dark Skies Observing. Weather permitting we’ll observe from the Galisteo “Cowboy Shack” Trailhead in the Galisteo Basin Preserve.
This location has been made available to us by the Galisteo Commonweal. It’s at the end of the (dirt road) entrance to the Galisteo Preserve off US285, just north of the turn to Lamy.
- Park adjacent to the shack: we will observe from the lot at the trailhead;
- In order that car lights do not ruin observer night vision, please arrive to set-up no later then the end of civil twilight;
- Park so that your car lights face away from the trailhead lot (observing area): this will allow you to leave early with minimal disruption to the work of the remaining observers;
Evening Twilight information:
- Civil twilight ends at 8:41 PM;
- Nautical twilight ends at 9:18 PM;
- Astronomical twilight ends at 9:57 PM
Morning Twilight information:
- Astronomical twilight begins at 4:03 AM;
- Nautical twilight begins at 4:44 AM;
- Civil twilight begins at 5:19 AM.